Saturday 21 November 2015

Tell me what it was like when you first met your spouse !

Help me calm the crazy. Here is an open story of  initial connection when a friend of mine  first met her spouse...
                                            Image result for what happen when you first saw your spouse
"I feel like I'm going crazy. I met a guy through online dating and we met up for drinks. Conversation seemed to flow well and we decided to get together again. Three days later we spent the afternoon together doing an outdoor sports activity and getting fresh air. Amazing day, lots of laughs and chatter and he kissed me when we parted ways.

Here's the part where I go crazy.

That was four days ago. For the past 4 days we have talked on the phone for hours every night, exchanged about 8 million text messages and about 12 billion emails throughout the day. While normally this would seem waaaaay too excessive to me and smothering, it's strangely ok. Through our umpteen hours of conversations on the phone we've pretty much covered most topics and I feel this ridiculously strong connection and he echoed the same. It's actually quite intense.

We're getting together tonight for I guess what is officially our third date, but it feels like we've known each other for years and there just seems to be this crazy chemistry connection-thing. More than that - while normally I would be wigging out about scaring him off or not knowing if he feels the same way, I'm not, which is strange to me. I feel like through all of our exchanges I know that he's on the same page. Because we've had so much back and forth communication in between the times we've seen each other so far, it feels like we haven't really been apart.

I feel like I'm a crazy person currently because I can't get it out of my head!! I feel like a crazy person because I just met this person yet I feel like I've known him for years!! I feel like a bag of nerves about seeing him again!! I feel like a crazy person!!

Ok, there, Hive Mind. Tell me about what it was like when you first met your spouse, because I think I just might have? Or maybe not? Who knows? How did you know? What was it like? How did you feel? What were your next steps and what advice can you offer me besides the obvious (don't lose my identity, take a breath, keep exercising and focusing on work, etc. even though it's REALLY hard)? (FWIW, I'm 31, he's 33 and we're both in healthy emotional spaces currently).
          Give your own personal feeling-experience in the comment box when you met your spouse ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment